When seasons change there are always a few items of clothing that we “just can’t wait” to wear. Like that soft cotton kurta which sits perfectly, or that low-cut floral printed spring dress or those comfortable sandals for warm summer days.
We all have our favorites and why not, but we need to breathe some fresh air into our wardrobes from time to time, so that we are constantly re-inventing and not getting stuck in a look. And what better time to do it than now. Summers are right at that sweet mid-time spot, when you only want to indulge in all-things-cold and wear your most breathable yet chic clothes.
For summer styling, let your jeans take a mini vacation and give some other easy bottom-wear their day in the sun. Grab a glass of a much-needed buttermilk and plan your endless summer wardrobe with us:
- Styling: Slip into a steel grey pair of comfortable jeggings and pair it with an icy cool pink tunic. Complete this look with medium sized silver hoops, and silver flats. This look works for almost any occasion like a casual day at work, a movie, shopping, and those weekend road trips you keep planning.
- Styling: When you have a lazy Sunday lunch-date with your girlfriends around the corner, we know just what the style doctors would prescribe. A pair of bright pink billowing palazzo pants and a white kurta with delicate embroidery. Complete this look with shoulder-grazing earrings in a rose pink or turquoise blue and decorate your fingers with a few stacked rings in rose gold.
- Styling: Summer fashion doesn’t necessarily have to be focused on pastels, florals, and icy hues. Some of us like our classic color palettes way too much to care for the weather. If you’re one of those, like us, then this black-on-black dhoti pant and kurti look is just for you. Complete this look with over the top antique silver accessories of your liking. And the best part? The fabrics are breathable and light, so you still get to channel some summer love, but in your own way.
- Styling: What we love most about summers is the ever ready excuse to wear airy skirts no matter what the occasion. Be it a coffee date with a dear old friend, movie night with a significant other, or just lounging at home with family. If you don’t own a “favorite” skirt yet then look no further than our orange and yellow leheriya printed skirt with dull gold motifs. Pair this dreamy skirt with a short beige kurti or an orange/ white crop top. Complete the look with a chunky bracelet in gold and gold sandals with diamante details.
Princess-Vibe Patiala Pants
- Styling: A vibrant red patiala is a staple for a summer wardrobe to let your inner “fierce mamma” out. Pair this with a sleeveless tunic with a floral print and red piping. Complete the look with black embroidered juttis and a statement watch. After all summer fun isn’t just about being chilled-out, it is also fueled with a zest for life which needs to be expressed through our style.
- Styling: No outfit inspiration list is complete without one peacock look. What’s a “peacock look” you ask? A look which is bright and well balanced, just like a peacocks color spectrum. For this look we are thinking a teal blue chudi styled with a mustard yellow fit and flare kurti. Complete this look with light accessories like diamond stud earrings, a few thin bangles, and a pair of white sneakers. Yes, sneakers. Trust us.
Poised in Palazzo
- Styling: A summer staple that we can’t get enough is a pair of palazzo pants, so you know we decided to style it twice. You know what they say? When something is nice, you style it twice. Wait, maybe that’s just something we say. Pair a navy blue dramatic flared palazzo pant with a complementary navy-blue kurta. After all, playing with a monochromatic palette is a sure shot way to create an effortlessly styled look. Accessorize with pearl earrings and a mother of pearl detail watch. For your feet, go with a creamy white and light gold pair of heels.
Still reaching for those jeans. We hope not.